Despite living in Cleveland for 6 years, I have just recently learned of the Euclid Dillard’s Outlet.
Having had the opportunity to visit on four separate occasions, I’m still undecided on if this is the city’s best kept secret or my new biggest curse….
Despite year’s of practice scouring clothing racks at discount bargain stores, I was NOT prepared for what awaited me inside….
Up for the challenge? Here’s what you should know:
- Occupies space in the now “Dead” Euclid Square Mall
- Slightly odd hours… Mostly 11:00 to 7:00 with the exception of Noon to 6:00 Sunday’s….
- Racks, upon racks, upon racks, upon racks…. I’m talking about a store that puts Gabriel Brothers to shame… Plan on eating before entering because you are not leaving for 3 hours
- Don’t make the drive if you’re looking for a lamp….. The outlet pretty much offers it all (Women’s, Men’s, Children’s, Shoes) but don’t count on accessories or home goods….A few straggling belts and purses and a table or two of leftover pillows and curtains…..
- Dress lightly and carry a small purse… You’re going to need the energy to carry the many pounds of discounted clothing to and from the dressing room… if they do offer shopping carts I’ve yet had the opportunity to use one… even so, you couldn’t fit them up and down the isles….
- Phenomenal ladies dress section; I’m talking 15 or so racks of cute name brand dresses at a fraction of the price; Antonio Melani, Calvin Klein, Cremieux, Gianni Bini, Jessica Simpson and Kenneth Cole to name a few…. *I scored an amazing $130 Kenneth Cole for $20
- Prom Dress Haven… If I could only rewind the clock 15 years….would have been worth the 80 mile drive to scour the rows upon rows of discounted ballgowns and glitter
- Terrible Customer Service… With the exception of a few register workers, these staffers epitomize bad customer service…..By far the the rudest dressing room employees I’ve ever encountered…. That being said, I enjoy the spunk and like the challenge..
- Terrible Dressing Rooms… As if the unpleasant staffers weren’t enough, plan to occupy yourself because there is going to be a slow-moving line of anxious people….
Best of luck of bargainers… You’re going to have to work for it, but it can certainly be a fun challenge…
Mayday Mayday…. My dreaded month of aging…
Here are my top moments of the month:
- After multiple weather related cancellations my Bella Balloon hot air balloon ride finally took flight
- Sat front row at Fashion Week Cleveland’s black-tie galla
- Drank and Dinned at Market Garden, Velvet Tango Room, Barrio and Luxe
- Enjoyed my first 2012 session of Outdoor Yoga in Rocky River Park
- Had my caricature drawn by Adam Pate, World’s Fastest Caricature artist
- Cousin Lindsay’s Bachelorette Party weekend at Kelleys Island
- Columbus girl weekend including a factory tour at the American Whistle Corporation, (*Scored a free whistle) $6 wine and food pairings at Giant’ Eagle’s Foodie Friday, and multiple road side attractions..
- Discovered the Euclid-based Dillard’s Outlet
- After working 11 to 8, 10 to 7, and 9 to 6, I’m finally an 8 to 5er!
- Rather than receiving a scolding for the Cheetos in my cupboard, my pregnant, dietitian sister simply asked if she could have the bag…
- My inability to capture a family of Westlake ducklings crossing the road in early May was a major disappointment; that is until mere weeks later when an amazing chance of luck allowed me to capture a nearly identical scene in Columbus…
Here are my least favorite moments of the Month:
- Nick ate my bread
- After driving to Columbus for the 5th time, my Hot Air Balloon Ride was canceled yet again (*See Top Moments of the Month.)
- Found a spider in my cubicle two days in a row…fumigation work order was placed on my behalf.
- A spider crawled on my blanket at the park
- My Kelleys Island weekend tryst left this pale ale with an ugly Sunburn
- On the 364th day of my 28th year I had myself a pre-birthday meltdown that started in hysteria but ended in pecan pie…
- Goodbye Bikini, Hello Tankini…. #Almost30
- Unexpected early morning sneeze projected my crest white strips out of my mouth.
- Nick dropped my burger on the floor
- My Bella Balloon wine glass shattered into pieces
- Discovered the Dillard’s Outlet five years after living in Cleveland