Despite living in Cleveland for 6 years, I have just recently learned of the Euclid Dillard’s Outlet.
Having had the opportunity to visit on four separate occasions, I’m still undecided on if this is the city’s best kept secret or my new biggest curse….
Despite year’s of practice scouring clothing racks at discount bargain stores, I was NOT prepared for what awaited me inside….
Up for the challenge? Here’s what you should know:
- Occupies space in the now “Dead” Euclid Square Mall
- Slightly odd hours… Mostly 11:00 to 7:00 with the exception of Noon to 6:00 Sunday’s….
- Racks, upon racks, upon racks, upon racks…. I’m talking about a store that puts Gabriel Brothers to shame… Plan on eating before entering because you are not leaving for 3 hours
- Don’t make the drive if you’re looking for a lamp….. The outlet pretty much offers it all (Women’s, Men’s, Children’s, Shoes) but don’t count on accessories or home goods….A few straggling belts and purses and a table or two of leftover pillows and curtains…..
- Dress lightly and carry a small purse… You’re going to need the energy to carry the many pounds of discounted clothing to and from the dressing room… if they do offer shopping carts I’ve yet had the opportunity to use one… even so, you couldn’t fit them up and down the isles….
- Phenomenal ladies dress section; I’m talking 15 or so racks of cute name brand dresses at a fraction of the price; Antonio Melani, Calvin Klein, Cremieux, Gianni Bini, Jessica Simpson and Kenneth Cole to name a few…. *I scored an amazing $130 Kenneth Cole for $20
- Prom Dress Haven… If I could only rewind the clock 15 years….would have been worth the 80 mile drive to scour the rows upon rows of discounted ballgowns and glitter
- Terrible Customer Service… With the exception of a few register workers, these staffers epitomize bad customer service…..By far the the rudest dressing room employees I’ve ever encountered…. That being said, I enjoy the spunk and like the challenge..
- Terrible Dressing Rooms… As if the unpleasant staffers weren’t enough, plan to occupy yourself because there is going to be a slow-moving line of anxious people….
Best of luck of bargainers… You’re going to have to work for it, but it can certainly be a fun challenge…