Another August has come and gone…
Here are my top moments of the month:
- Let’s go to Luckenbach Texas…with Waylon and Willy and the boys…. well not exactly….but Nick and I did have the ability to drink Shiners in Luckenbach and to also visit Austin, (Chicken Shit Bingo!) San Antonio, (RiverWalk & the Alamo) Waco, (Branch Dividian Massacre) Forth Worth, (Stockyards) and Dallas, (JFK Assassination site). Goal List… Check!
- Eating my way through many notable Texas establishments….. Dallas’ Strockers Ice House…(Ma’s Roudhouse Tru TV Reality Show), Austin’s UchiKo…owned by Tyson Cole, Iron Chef competitor, Waxachachie’s Catfish Plantation, a haunted dining experience featured on several Travel Channel segments…..Rusty Star BBQ, as featured on No Reservations.
- Drinking Lone Stars with the locals who run the bar which is now housed on the former gas station location used during the filming of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre I, II and III.
- Old Navy put out the BEST ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN EVER!! (*Kelly, Brandon and Dylan meet again…..)
- My Cleveland goal list of meeting Bone Thugs-N-Harmony became a little more realistic…. Announcement of the Bone Thugs Reunion Tour!
- After years of yearning I finally made it to Twins Days! Goal List… Check!
- Though I only set out to photograph the Glenville Superman house, I wound up taking a personalized guided tour of Jerry Siegel’s childhood home.
- Cinema at the Square Saturday afternoon viewing of Casablanca
- Take a Hike! Finally had the opportunity to attend one of the four, free Cleveland Walking Tours
- Arts in August at Tremont’s Lincoln Park
- Goodbye Product Support… Hello Sales! BethanyBe promoted into a new department!
- Smiling wide when Nick pulled into the driveway on the back of his new motorcycle!
- Free Comedy Show at Great Lakes Brewing Company kept me laughing loud
- Nick and I rocked it on the Tennis Courts!
Here are my least favorite moments of the month:
- Extreme sadness to learn of the death of Ron Manolio, creator of Eggshelland. So much joy he was able to bring to a community during the Easter season. I will definitely visit again in 2013, during what is slated to be the final display and certainly an end to an era.
- Though I initially attributed an ungodly burning sensation in my eyes to an old pair of lenses, I later realized that it was due to the residual juices of cayenne garden peppers which had been cutting up daily to make homemade salsa.
- Ran out of cereal and toothpaste on the same day…
- Saw another Black Cat
- A jagged fingernail and no emery board caused me to snag a shirt
- I overflowed the washing machine
- I found another mouse.
- My family berated me with negativity due to the new motorcycle
- My pregnant sister hypothesized that my trip to Dallas would lead me to infect her unborn baby with the West Nile virus
- So much hope for the Dredgers Union, so saddened to hear that it’s shutting its doors…