I understand that I have similar interests to most senior citizens. With this being said….
Today I found much enjoyment on my Sunday afternoon Lolly the Trolley scenic city tour. I’ve been wanting to take one of these tours since I moved here five years ago. Thanks to the recent buy-one-get-one free ticket offer I snagged on Groupon, that long awaited dream became a reality!
I am now substantially more knowledgeable than when I awoke this morning, and I can’t wait to break out these facts on all my many coworkers forced to fly here for corporate training……
- Cleveland is the first city to have electricity
- We are the first city to establish free mail delivery
- We literally have money growing on trees (visit the Federal Reserve Mint Museum)
- From a Birds-eye-view, the E. 9th street seating outside of Progressive Field spells out “Who’s on First”
- Rockefeller Park contains over 30 cultural gardens (Slovak made the list)
- A famous resident is none other than Chef Boyardee
- Topiary Dinosaurs reside outside of the Natural History Museum
Big thumbs up to this tour, to Eva my tour guide, and to Julie Dobson - for stepping in and coming with me since Nick wanted to stay at home and watch the Browns Lose.