Such fun getting to look back over my 2013 New Year’s Resolution Gratitude Jar.
While I definitely failed to jot down each of the special moments 2013 bestowed upon me, I certainly found time to write down a few interesting ones.
As far as Nick’s concerned…. He failed to oblige me…. Not a single note of gratitude did he write down… While I was overly disappointed in his lack of participation, my irritation quickly dissipated as I thumbed through my paper scraps and stumbled upon a little paper crane…. and without any words at all, he stole my heart all over again…
The gratitude jar was a fantastic Pinterest find, and a one-time resolution that will now be turning into my annual New Year tradition.
Wouldn’t be the Holiday’s without a stop at “A Christmas Story” House…………
Wow…. Working an inside sales position while wedding planning means that I’ve been spending 12 + hours a day sitting in front of a computer screen; Swollen fingers, tired eyes, and a whole new unexpected load of stress means that Bethanybethinking has taken quite a backseat…
In fact, I’ve been so incredibly overloaded, that had it not been for Tumblr’s helpful e-reminder, (Thank you Tumblr Support!) I may have completely overlooked Bethanybethinking’s 2nd blogaversary.
But there it was, sitting in my inbox…… “Bethanybethinking….turned 2 today!”
What ensued next was 3 minutes of internal debate over whether it was worth the energy to create a celebratory post…
Still Undecided, I opted to review that very first post that I garnered up the strength to push out 730 days ago…. "Bethanybethinking Today….." , Essentially, an ode to my goal list… a list that I realized has managed to slip away from me….
Didn’t take much motivation beyond that realization…. a few seconds later and I had opted to resurrect this Rusty Blog and began to craft this beauty below….
So without further ado….In True Bethanybethinking style…….. an updated ode to my goal list:
Goals I’ve still failed to accomplish:
- Learn Rhythm so I can dance
- Be in a commercial
- Learn how to cook better to so I’m not afraid of eating raw or undercooked meat
- Hit up all 50 states
- Learn how to use my electrolysis machine
- Finish reading Suzzie Orman’s Young Fabulous & Broke
Take a cruise (Check!)
- Attend a Nudist colony (Stumbled upon one in Indiana but it was December and everyone was clothed - what a disappointment)
- Ride a Mechanical Bull
- Pan for Gold
- Rally at an execution
- Work to free a wrongly convicted felon
- Be a contestant on a game show
If you’re thinking that 1 out of 12 is pretty bad, you’re not alone…. I admit, I probably could have found time to pull my electrolysis machine out of the box, but even so, I’ve managed to rack up some pretty good seconds…..
- Joined a Book Club
- Threw at a Dunk Tank
- Met Punxsutawney Phil
- Took a Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Climbed the Corporate Ladder
- Got my first Designer Hand Bag (It was gift people - I’m still super cheap)
- Explored the Heck out of Cleveland
- Went to my first NFL Game
- Attended The Twins Day Festival
- Got my first Massage (It was a gift people - I’m still super cheap)
- Attempted to find something valuable with a Metal Detector
- Took a Glass Blowing Class
- Attended a Gay Pride Rally
- Drank Shiner’s in Texas, toured the Biltmore in Asheville, Studied history in Philadelphia, and hit up Harvard in Massachusetts
- Managed to fit in Madonna, Jewel and NKOTB
- Became an Aunt
- Turned 30 (Continued to breathe)
- Got a Passport
- Took a European River Boat Cruise
- Saw “Starry Night”
- Had “The Dream” Parisian Engagement
- Scored one heck of a rock (It was a gift people, I’m still super cheap)
- And saw one amazing Duck…..
This Year’s Goals….
- Keep climbing the ladder
- Upgrade the car
- Purchase the house
- Shed for the wedding
- Marry the Man
- Maintain the budget